8.18.2011

Things I Love Thursday

The weeks seem to be flying by! I was on the Home Depot website the other day trying to see how much a big roll of movers plastic wrap costs (which is only in store I guess, so I still don't know), and found they have a whole moving section on their site. So I plugged in my info, and it has a little countdown to your move date. 40 days. 40 DAYS! It'll be here before I know it. There will be even more moving talk in the next month, but I'll take it down a notch right now. Here's a love list of things that have made me smile in the last week!


A wedding over the weekend with a client who was one of the first to book me early this season! She and her bridesmaids were all so much fun and I had a blast doing makeup and hanging out with them in the morning before the wedding.

Seeing Death Cab For Cutie last night. They are one of my favorite bands, and I had actually never seen them live. My dear boyfriend made sure to get us tickets first thing when they went on sale. They have gotten a lot of criticism since signing with a major label, and their newest record Codes and Keys is quite a journey from their early work. But I love everything they've ever done. Plus in the encore, they played one of my favorite new ones. It's just so happy! Watch it below from their VH1 Storytellers episode.









Revamping my personal makeup stash. Working for a cosmetic line, you accumulate so much makeup you can't possibly enjoy it all. So I recently went through and actually looked at every single piece and decided what to keep and what to get rid of. I'm talking mountains of makeup. No small feat. I put it off for so long after quitting because I knew it would take forever. I look at my little organized box now and get excited about personal makeup again! I'll be sure to let you all know when the rest is up for grabs! All great stuff, some hardly used, some never touched. But I just can't keep it all!


Serious closet cleaning. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I have pulled out at least half of my clothing and shoes to get rid of. All in bags ready to take to Buffalo Exchange, then our garage sale, then Goodwill! If I haven't worn it in 6 months, it's gone! 


And also: Fall being around the corner (ok so it's still a month away, but I'm excited!), new music, more blush and less bronzer, iced chai lattes, delicious smelling candles, testing out new products from Glamcor, dusting off Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, and feeling inspired to revamp my website!


What are you smiling about lately? Do you have anything you've been really excited about or thankful for?