6.13.2011

Makeup Monday: Eve Pearl Product Review

Happy Monday everyone! I have some wonderful goodies to show you! I came home one day last week to find a package in the mail. What could be inside?


My Eve Pearl order of course! I took advantage of a great sale they had going over Memorial Day weekend, and was eagerly awaiting the arrival of my products. Eve Pearl is a makeup artist who has been in the industry for almost twenty years (read more about her here). She has a great line of products that both makeup artists and the everyday woman love dearly. They perform to industry standards, but were created out of a need for something that could also nourish the skin. One of her most popular products is the Salmon Concealer, and I have been out of mine for an embarrassingly long time. So when the sale popped up on her Twitter, I knew I needed to restock.


I ordered the Light for myself (on the right), and a wheel (in the back on the left) with Light, Medium, and Dark for my kit. I love having compacts and palettes in my kit because it is so easy to custom blend colors for clients instead of carrying multiple shades. I can't say enough about this product. Some great things? Paraben, petrolatum, mineral oil, fragrance, AND cruelty free. Just to name a few. 
The salmon color works to correct the blue and purple tones that show up under the eyes. I can always tell when someone is wearing a yellow based concealer under their eyes because it looks grey, or greenish. It creates a sallow haze. Blue mixed with yellow = ? Yup, Green. Yuck. So rather than layering your concealer on thick to hide dark circles, a tiny amount of salmon concealer just where it's needed simply corrects the color to neutralize the under eye area. Voila! Now you know one of my secrets. 

She also threw in a free gift for me! Love! The Pearlicious Lip Gloss in "Menage." I was so excited when I opened the package and found a surprise. I love companies that appreciate their customers like Eve Pearl does. Plus, I had never tried the Pearlicious glosses before. It's a beautiful, sheer, pinky peach with just the right amount of shine and a non-sticky finish. The squeeze applicator is different than any other gloss I've tried, with the tip tapered just like when your favorite lipstick starts to get a groove in it from always applying at the same angle. Did I mention it smells like fruity bubblegum? Remind me not to keep licking it off!

Clockwise from top left: Pearlicious Lip Gloss in "Menage," Salmon Concealer in Dark, Medium, Light. 



Photos: Me
Shop: Eve Pearl