6.02.2011

Things I Love Thursday


I heard a quote this morning that I really liked. "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."  -William Arthur Ward

It was a perfect start to my day, as well as appropriate for what I was planning to post here. I was set to include a small list inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, Gala Darling. I began following her blog years ago, before I even had visions of blogging myself. Every Thursday, without fail, she would (and still does!) include a list of things she was loving and was thankful for. So in honor of Miss Darling, and in honor of the great quote that started off my day, here are the things I am loving this Thursday!



Yoga! I have wanted to go for years. It sounds so silly to have waited so long to try something. But I have had some clumsy group-excercise experiences that have caused me to shy away from classes in general. Plus I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, and if I am going to try something and possibly fail miserably, I like to do it in private. But I did it on a whim today, and boy am I glad I did! The instructor was so positive and supportive that I feel crazy for not trying it sooner. The immediate benefits have only made me realize how much more there is to gain. I felt challenged, yet stronger and calmer. This is the start of a beautiful friendship.



The iPad2! The more I blog and the more I travel for work and for pleasure, the more I realize I need better technology. I debated it for a while, as it really didn't seem at all practical. But trying to keep up with emails, blogging, and everything else from my phone is a pain! My wonderful boyfriend sent me a sweet text a week ago and said he knew it was something we could both get a lot of use out of, and frankly who doesn't just plain love new toys? Our first joint purchase and we are such good sharers!



My boyfriend! Mushy, I know! But after I heard that quote this morning, I went straight to him and thanked him for always being so supportive of me. I am making efforts to have an overall healthier lifestyle, and he has been on board from day one. Plus I had some not so fun medical issues last year, all while dealing with extreme stress at work. He was never anything less than a positive light in the dark. It is so important to not only remind ourselves what we are thankful for every day, but to let those around us know we are grateful for what they do too. He's a peach!

And a short list of everything I can think of off the top of my head that I am grateful for this week: my dog who will be 13 years old this month, my hair stylist who just took off a freeing five inches from my long locks, IMATS later this month with my friend & fellow makeup artist Erica Franksen! my new running shoes (light as air!), hiking in Mission Trails (beautiful, serene, and absolutely free), Tofu Shirataki noodles, Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage sausage (just try it, you'll thank me later), sunscreen, farmers markets, and the fact that gas prices are coming down slightly!

Now get out there and tell someone, "Thanks!"





Photos: 1, 2, 3